1. When are classes offered?
Classes are held during the day, at night, and on weekends. Although you can find classes starting every month, many multi-session classes start at the beginning of our terms. Terms are January - April; May - August; and September - December.
2. When and why are classes canceled?
Classes require a minimum number of students. If the class minimum is not reached by the pre-registration deadline, the class will be canceled and a full refund given. You will be notified by phone (or email) using the contact information you have provided. If a class is canceled due to weather, the class is automatically rescheduled for one week later at the same time and place unless someone from ACE notifies you otherwise.
3. How do I find out about school closings and cancellations?
Classes will not meet when FCPS schools are closed due to bad weather, holidays, or emergencies. For information about closings:
4. How do I know which level language class in which to enroll?
Your experience with a language determines the best class for you.
5. How do I know which level of a class to take?
The course description gives the prerequisites for each level of multi-level courses. If you are not sure if your background matches the prerequisites, contact the for your subject area.
6. Where can I find directions to my class?
Class location addresses are found in our catalog, ACE Classes, and on the online registration site. Click on “Location” for a map and driving directions.
7. I am taking a computer class, and I don’t have a computer at home. Can I practice what I have learned in one of your labs?
Yes, the Computers and Tutors (CAT) Lab is available for adults 18 years of age and older.
· located at Woodson High School
· open to all
· free access to the Internet and a variety of educational software
8. If I take a computer class, will I have a computer to use in the class?
Yes. Please register early for computer classes as the number of students in a class is limited to the number of computers in the classroom.